Ruthless Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Ruthless is now 4/4 FT, 4/5 EE and 2/4 GA
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Canadians Rule!
Tempest easy mode EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm by Epicure

» Needs for Raid
Tempest easy mode EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm by Jonquin

» Sweden's Got talent !
Tempest easy mode EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:13 pm by Punky

» haha.. I liked you better deaf.
Tempest easy mode EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 am by Lealoo

» Ba'Noodle - OMG I missed this a year ago.
Tempest easy mode EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 am by Punky

» Sooo muh FUN!!!
Tempest easy mode EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 am by Punky

» Swanger's Easy mode Tank spec
Tempest easy mode EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 pm by swanger

» 12-22-13 DKP
Tempest easy mode EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:33 pm by Kenneey

» Swanger's Easy mode leveling and Questing Spec.
Tempest easy mode EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 pm by Teanna

Tempest easy mode

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lealoo
Officer
Lealoo

Tempest easy mode Empty
PostSubject: Tempest easy mode   Tempest easy mode EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 pm

For those that miss the easy play of the recently departed Tempagon spec and are confounded by 61 Tempest, like myself, this is an easy mode Tempest that plays pretty much exactly as Tempagon. This parses a tad better than the 44 Temp/28 Para spec I recently went over with Tyrynt and Chieu, is fully effective to 35m and also provides Focused Fire, the 5% ranged crit buff to the raid. Due to the high innate crit of this spec it THRIVES on Crit Power. You can also do a single target rez to 40m (lol @ Long Range Training affecting rez).

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzgGklA0guchkIrh0zvVxxc0Mvx

I only took 2 of 3 in Flowing Strikes from Paragon but I had no problems keeping the buff up 100% of the time over an 8+ minute parse and that allowed me to put 5/5 in Titan's Strength from Champion. There were a few times when the Flowing Strikes buff did get down to 3-4 seconds so I doubt you could maintain it 100% at only 1 of 3. For additional utility you can drop 1 point from Titan's Strength in Champion to take Fleet of Foot (runspeed boost) from Paragon but it will be a slight DPS loss. You can also drop Storm Shield (oGCD self absorb shield) to put another point into Ionized Discharge to increase AoE dmg by 2% and cause AoE attacks to hit 1 additional target. Energy is not a problem even with all the oGCD abilities due to Charged Pulse and the full channel Lightning Torrent.

Buffs:

Way of the River
Focus of Body (overwritten in raids)
Soldier's Bearing
Enhanced Conductivity
Empower
Electromagnetic Shield (or Close Training)

Macros:

macro 1
#show dual pulse
suppressmacrofailures
cast dual pulse
cast delayed pulse
cast shock pulse
cast focused fire

macro 2
#show arc
suppressmacrofailures
cast double pulse
cast arc
cast Charged Pulse
cast electricity blast

macro 3
#show Lightning Torrent
suppressmacrofailures
cast Skyfall
cast Lightning Torrent
cast storm shield

macro 2a (OMG dont AoE anything)
#show arc
suppressmacrofailures
cast double pulse
cast arc
cast Charged Pulse
cast shock pulse

If you have any combo points at the start of the fight, hit macro 3 to clear them.

Hit macro 3 to channel lightning torrent then proceed into the rotation.

Rotation:
3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

Abbreviations:
LT - Lightning torrent
SF - Skyfall
DuP - Dual Pulse
DeP - Delayed Pulse
SP - Shock Pulse
FF - Focused Fire (off Global Cooldown)
DoP - Double Pulse (off Global Cooldown)
CP - Charged Pulse
EB - Electricity Blast
SS - Storm Shield (off Global Cooldown)

Step by step of abilities used:
After opening with a full channel LT (lightning torrent) the sequence becomes:

SF (3 point) > SS (oGCD) > DuP > FF (oGCD) > DeP > Arc > CP > DoP (oGCD) > EB > SF (2 point) > LT (full channel) > SF (3 point) > DuP > SP > Arc > CP > DoP (oGCD) > EB > SF (2 point) > LT

For fights where you absolutely can NOT do any AoE dmg, remove Electricity Blast from macro 2 and replace it with Shock Pulse. It is included in the macro to make all the cooldown abilities line up properly. It will also be a slight DPS loss as Electricity Blast does more damage and the Arc proc that was getting used by Skyfall the second time through the rotation will instead be consumed by Shock Pulse.

If you are annoyed by the 2 pt Skyfall you can
a:) remove Electricity Blast from macro 2 and replace it with Shock Pulse and adjust the rotation to be 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3 or
b:) manually cast Shock Pulse after completing macro 2 so that your rotation is 3, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, SP, 3, 3, 3
but either will be a slight DPS loss as you are delaying the re-use of Arc by an extra GCD.

By putting Delayed Pulse into macro 1 it allows it to benefit from the Arc effect due to it not actually hitting the target until 5 seconds after it is cast, hence the name "delayed". Unfortunately, it is on a 30 sec cooldown so the effect from Arc will land 1/2 the time on DeP and the rest of the time the Arc will be on the 2 pt SF. If you aren't lazy like myself, you can remove Focused Fire from macro 1 and use it manually to better sync up with other raid damage buffs.

For AoE damage the sequence is just Electricity Blast, Offensive Blast to 3 combo points then Chain Pulse. Refreshing Electricity Blast as it wears off. AoE will hit up to 6 targets.

It also has a 35m interrupt (Distracting Pulse) on an 8 sec cooldown, a single target knockback with Thunderous Kick and a 5 target AoE knockback (Evasive Redirection) on a 1 min cd. Keep Shock Pulse on its own button as a recovery tool when the rotation gets disrupted by mechanics and/or you've lost your place in the rotation. Just spam shock pulse / macro 3 (for Skyfall finisher) until you see either Arc or Lightning Torrent come off cooldown then resume rotation with whichever is available.
Back to top Go down

Tempest easy mode
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruthless Guild :: Classes :: Warriors-
Jump to: