Ruthless Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Ruthless is now 4/4 FT, 4/5 EE and 2/4 GA
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Canadians Rule!
Breaker X-1 EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm by Epicure

» Needs for Raid
Breaker X-1 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm by Jonquin

» Sweden's Got talent !
Breaker X-1 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:13 pm by Punky

» haha.. I liked you better deaf.
Breaker X-1 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:52 am by Lealoo

» Ba'Noodle - OMG I missed this a year ago.
Breaker X-1 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 am by Punky

» Sooo muh FUN!!!
Breaker X-1 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 am by Punky

» Swanger's Easy mode Tank spec
Breaker X-1 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 2:14 pm by swanger

» 12-22-13 DKP
Breaker X-1 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:33 pm by Kenneey

» Swanger's Easy mode leveling and Questing Spec.
Breaker X-1 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:58 pm by Teanna

Breaker X-1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Breaker X-1 Empty
PostSubject: Breaker X-1   Breaker X-1 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:13 am

Totally stolen from GraySkull whom, I think also plagiarized it from somewhere else.

re: Breaker X-1
Postby Phalazin Novem on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 pm
Up Vote
Down Vote
Breaker X-1 is a great fight and will test your dps with its 9 minute enrage timer. The fight breaks down to having two separate teams going through portals at specific times in the fight to dps mini bosses down as fast as possible so we can focus on the boss again. There are two one shot mechanics that must be done correctly, or it is a wipe. Not stacking can also cause a raid wipe. The fight really only has two phases, one is you are dpsing the boss the other is when you go through the portals to dps the mini’s down.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDqmjW6_vpQ

Raid Makeup

2 Tanks (IMO Cleric tanks they have the aoe threat)
2 Aoe Chloro’s
2 Defiler’s or 1 Defiler, 1 Necro (the links)

Mechanics

• Breakdown (BD): is an AOE damage ability. (large yellow bubble) One person will be called out and if everyone is stacked, the dmg will be spread out. (Think of Alsbeth from RoS days)
• Ionic Decay (ID): is debuff 4 people will get at random that must be cleansed. Cleanse this within 5 seconds or the raid wipes.
• Quantum Disruptor (QD): is a 2 second blue cast done by Breaker X that must be interrupted if it is missed this is a one shot mechanic.

Boss Phase

When the fight starts we will be in two teams of ten. (2 healers , 1 tank each) One group will be in front of the boss while the other group stacks behind the boss (there is no cleave). Tanks will be taunting back and forth after the yellow bubble (breakdown) goes off. The first mechanic we will see is the QD which typically happens right after the tank pulls the boss. (usually within 5) This must be interrupted (every time the tank aggros the boss QD will be cast soon). The second mechanic is BD (breakdown). One person will get the meteor (yellow bubble) and this why we stack so we can all take the hit. If you watch the video, this usually does 50% or so damage to players. We must stay at max melee range for this mechanic since the other side can’t get your bubble debuff. The other tank at this point will have taunted Breaker X. In the video you will see a debuff that goes out to 4 people called Ionic Decay which must be cleansed (in the video start at the 22 second mark and three seconds after that you will see the debuff, there is a pattern to this typically it is BD,ID,BD portal… BD,ID,BD,ID,BD this will give you more than enough time for an aoe cleanse)

Minis, Adds and Portals

When the boss reaches 88% it transitions to the portal phase. The first 5 assigned people will enter portals while the rest stay outside and dps the boss. The portals are simple. Only one person can click to enter each portal. In the event two people are at the same portal, you will have more than enough time to run to another one. Healers and Tanks always get portal priority over DPS. If you are doubled at a portal, the dps needs to move. (During our kill I had to run to one side of the portals to the other and I still had time so don’t panic insoles ftw!)

Inside the Portals

Once inside the portals due to it being immune (don’t move as you port in typically the chloro gets aggro first this will give time for the tank to pick up the mini) you encounter the mini boss. The mini is real easy, allow the tank to pick up aggro and stack behind the mini (cleave). In the video you see the tank moves the mini to the portal and the reason behind that is because after it dies we start taking tick damage for as long as we sit in there. Soon after, another set of portals will spawn, at which point the second 5 man group goes through to help dps the mini (the last mini has 2 million more hp and will need people cleansing for this go to the 7 minute mark in the video and you will see the new debuff and what I am cleansing I don’t know the name of it but it will be easy to spot besides the chloro having a pyrocon use there cleanse will help as well.)

Outside the Portals

While the first 5 go through the portals the other 15 will be on the ground attacking adds. Priority one will be the colossus which has a shield on him and we must burn the shield down. (While it isn’t a true raid wipe if shield doesn't go down fast it might as well be as it will be too hard to come back from) Once the shield is about to fall off one person will get a red aoe circle that is on them. For this all they have to do is get the Colossus add in the circle (max melee) at which point everyone else (tanks included) need to be out of that red aoe when it goes off (once the person with the aoe has the boss in the red circle tank adjust yourself so you aren’t in the red aoe see video 1:00 to 1:07 for this). The aoe will go off and the colossus dies (typically than the second set of portals will be up so the second team will go through the portal than to help burn the boss) the next add will either be a Champion (cleaves gtfo of that) or a Tactician (aoes) burn down and wait for new adds. If during this phase people turn into a yellow crystal all dps must switch to them to get them out of this same as the trash we killed before we pulled the boss.

Final add is dead what to do

The third mini is dead we will stack as before, but this is where we will need to focus, we will still need to do all the mechanics we have done before, but now we need to avoid the red flares that come up (typically we move right and the other group moves right as well to deal with this mechanic) If both teams move right together they will stay directly in front of/behind the boss. Another new mechanic is a green aoe that will spawn (we ignore this mechanic all together because if you focus on that you are losing dps on the boss and won’t beat the enrage). Standing in the green which we may have to do will do a push back, all that means is the tank must run back to the boss and we stay stacked. This is the time you want to use Flaring Power again as well as any and all consumables crit pots, consumable flames you name it as this is the sprint to the finish. I love this fight as it is very intense and if you can do the mechanics the dps will pick up on its own. There are still a few tips and tricks I have, but when we get in there and you see the fight after I will explain a few things on what we can do. PS Pris I did get healing aggro and died on this boss kill too  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDqmjW6_vpQ

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/594/raml.png/
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/9/yxtl.png/
Back to top Go down
https://ruthless-rift.forumotion.com
Punky
Guild Master
Punky

Breaker X-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaker X-1   Breaker X-1 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:17 pm

Breaker X-1 "Onyx"

Lore: Breaker X-1 “Onyx” is from the Plane of Earth. The Architects built him to consume the energy on various planets and take the war to the other planes. He is the original prototype to the Planebreakers that was conceptualized eons ago. He is ancient, chipped up, and broken down after all these years and battles. His theme is that of Radiation.

The battle consists of repeating phases. The first phase is the boss phase. The second phase the boss reverts back to his "core" state. Where not only do you have to deal with adds. But you must send a team into his core eliminating a guardian program each time the first two times. Finishing with his Holographic AI the last time.
Here is how it looks.

1st Boss Phase (Till 70.1m/89%)
1st Core Phase (Group 1's Team)
2nd Boss Phase (Till 49.1m/63%)
2nd Core Phase (Group 2's Team)
3rd Boss Phase (Till 26m/33%)
3rd Core Phase (Group 1's Team)
Last Boss Phase (Epic Loot)

Boss Phases:

Split your raid into two groups of 10 players. Both groups need to have 1 tank. Group 1 can stack in front of the boss and group 2 behind(both max melee range). It also helps to set up the way both groups will be going to get out of harmful ground effects. Either everyone goes right or left.

Breaker X-1 "Onyx"- 79.1 million health.

Mechanics:
Breakdown - 3 second cast. He casts this at 89/63/33%. While he is casting this he is still damageable. After he completes it he becomes immune(in his core state) and the only way to damage him is from killing the programs in his core.
Fission Burst - 1.3 second cast. A player in the stack with the active tank will receive a yellow bubble. The damage is shared between those players stacked and a 16 second undispellable debuff is applied increasing damage taken from Fission Burst by 100%(it either only applies up to 10 people or stacks to 10). If it stacks to 10 like I think that is why we don't all just stack up. After Fission Burst the other tank must taunt the boss(tank swap mechanic).
Ionic Decay - 5 second countdown debuff that affects 4 players and must be (AoE) cleansed(raid wipe mechanic).
Meltdown Splash - 1 second cast. Starts at 2nd core phase and continues till he dies. Spawns fire pillars that last 20 seconds where 3 to 4 random players are per cast. This and Radiation Boulder is why your 2 groups must move together in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction around the boss.
Quantum Disruptor - 1.5 second interruptible cast. Must be interrupted(one shot mechanic on most tanks).
Radiation Boulder - .5 second cast. Starts in the final boss phase at 25%. Targets a player and where it lands causes a knockback. Radiation Boulder: 549 thousand health and has a AoE. It is an emerald crystal. You have 15 seconds to burn it or it spawns 4 unkillable "Toxic Spawn"(oozes).

Core Phases:

***Known Bug(still not 100% fixed as of 10/30/2013) - Have the tank that is not going into the core taunt Breaker X-1 "Onyx" during breakdown. This is to make sure that the portals will spawn properly.***

Boss converts back into his "core" mode and adds spawn. The 5 portals take 2 seconds to spawn after they "appear". Only 1 person may enter(2 second cast) a portal before it despawns. They spawn towards the edges of the room.

Portal respawn timers - 1st core phase: 50s and 48s(speculated). 2nd core phase: 44s and 46s. 3rd core phase: 42s and 40s.

The initial portal group should consist of: 1 Tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS. Tank picks up the boss and kites it through the portal(don't click the portal and remember the bosses in the core cleave). Where your facing the portal and the boss's back is to the portal. This permits everyone to be able to click the portal to exit immediately when the boss dies(because of purge).

It is possible in the first two core phases to have a defiler instead of a healer with the right group(defiler needs to know to relink right after entering and exiting the core). The final core phase needs a healer for the AoE disspell and stronger Radiation Sickness. Someone let me know if this is possible yet for the defiler in the 3rd phase with a pyrochon cleansing(I know this is not ideal).

Core Systems Routine Alpha - 4.1 million health. Cleaves.
Holographic Core AI - 6.2 million health. Cleaves

Mechanics:
Intrusion Countermeasures - 14 second stacking debuff. AoE cleanse. The core only does this during the third phase.
Purge - Extremely strong AoE damage in the core after a program dies.
Radiation Sickness - AoE damage in the core that gets stronger over time.
Warped Mind - 3 minute undispellable debuff that prevents the player from entering the core again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adds:

Irradiated Colossus - 3.7 million health. 2 million shield(55%). Self-upgrading unit and has 4 stages. 0: golem. 1: large golem with pulsing green AoE. 2: (Empowered) huge golem with strong hitting AoE. 3: (Primal) gigantic golem with stronger hitting AoE. Kinetic Distortion(red bubble bomb) - 7 second debuff used to destroy the colossus when his shield is removed and the debuff ends(will 1 shot non-tanks). Due to this its best to have melee on one side and just put the edge of the circle only on the colossus. More than 1 person can get Kinetic Distortion and 1 Kinetic Distortion can destroy more than 1 unshielded colossus. Also a Stage 1 Colossus comes out during the 3rd boss phase.
Zykikari Champion - 1.8 million health. 180 to 210 degree cleave. Unsure of exact range. 25+ meters should be safe.
Zykikari Tactician - 1.6 million health. Diamond Missile - 1 second 30 meter conal attack(can hit multiple targets). Tactician's Defense - 1.5 second interruptible cast. Negates all physical damage for 5 seconds. Tactician's Zeal - 2 second interruptible cast. Believed to be a heal. The Tactician should be mezzed or stunned until your ready to deal with him then turn him away from the raid. Do not silence him. He then starts spamming Diamond Missile.
Zykikari Venomancer - 1.4 million health. Ambersap Spray - 2 second cast. The target is encased and immobilized in a Ambersap Prison. Ambersap Prison: 183 thousand health and heavily damages encased player. It is a amber crystal. Burn it to release the player. Flesh Rot - 1.7 second interruptible cast.

Important notes to consider:

1. You want to be under 1 minute and 30 seconds average time per core phase to meet the 9 minute enrage.

2. 185-188K overall DPS should meet the enrage timer(speculated as I have not had any meter give an accurate amount so it could be higher or lower).

3. This is my first guide. So any constructive criticism is appreciated. Being there might be a mistake to 3. I am not sure how long I have to edit this guide. But know that I spent hours researching for this guide by playing, watching videos, and reading bits and pieces everywhere. As there was not a complete guide anywhere I decided to write one. Also I did not give a step by step description as this guide explains everything that is happening and watching a video can sequence things for you(except the random add spawns).
Back to top Go down

Breaker X-1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ruthless Guild :: Raids :: General-
Jump to: